Exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to work for a market leading manufacturing business in the Horsham area working within cutting edge technology.
Our client is a leader in the design and manufacture of high cost, low volume capital equipment for the defence industries. Due to continued growth, we currently looking to recruit an experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join their skilled engineering team.
The successful candidate will be a Technical leader within a background supporting and producing small, design solutions in line with cost, time and quality requirements.
You will be responsible for:
- Utilising your innovative design skills in Electro-Mechanical mechanisms.
- Leading in the creation of designs in 3D CAD using SolidWorks software.
- Leading and working in collaboration with the team to perform classical engineering analysis on designs, including stress, fatigue & vibration using conventional analysis and computer simulation
- Leading and developing engineering reports to support new product designs, failure investigation and any other formal documentation to support customer requirements.
- Coordinating with wider engineering teams to integrate electronic, control and drive systems into equipment designs
You will have:
- A Flair for innovation, new concept designs and a passion for mechanical engineering.
- Experience in the design of complex mechanisms and structures
- Experience in the design of systems from original concept design, produced from a specification, through to production in a Lead role.
- The ability to analyse the loads on, and design solutions for, items such as gear drives, bearings and motors
- An understanding of the application of machining, casting, fabrication and moulding techniques
- Experience in the use of a 3D CAD system.
- Previous experience in a similar level position in a 'Senior' level role, preferably in a small or medium-sized company and/or relevant business model (desirable)
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
In return you will be offered a competitive salary with attractive benefits package and an opportunity to make your mark within a forward-thinking organisation.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn