Join a world-renowned aerospace and defence organisation as a Senior Mechanical Designer, Barrow in Furness
Would you like to join a global aerospace and defence organisation? Do you want to work as part of an organisation protecting people and maintaining maximum national security?
Due to a drive for greater success, this advanced manufacturing business is currently searching for a Senior Mechanical Designer to add to their talented, hardworking team in Barrow in Furness on an initial 12 month contract. Striving for innovation and creativity you can ensure no two days will be the same. This role will be offering £29.19 + £10.56 travel allowance per hour inside IR35 / Umbrella (local candidates £29.19 per hour)
This is a phenomenal opportunity to not only work for a prestigious, advanced organisation, but to gain skills and knowledge you won't find anywhere else.
Senior Designer; applies understanding of a range of design processes, tools, systems and techniques, and applies these to design or detail for assemblies, components or systems. Designs and develops solutions to common or well-articulated design situations, problems and issues.
* Applies proven techniques and procedures to design and develop solutions.
* Resolves design issues and problems for a range of design situations
* Diagnose and resolves operational, repair, installation and commissioning problems and issues
* Typically coaches and mentors other design engineers, applies interpersonal skills in communicating technical design matters
* Previous Mechanical Design Engineering Experience (HVAC, Piping)
* 3D Design
* Ideally worked in marine, O&G or heavy engineering background
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
Achieve a work/life balance
Work on long term contracts
Develop your skills at a prestigious company
Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Mechanical Design Engineer please send your CV to Stella Grundy