Do you want to work at the forefront of cutting edge Technology and owning the design and engineering on projects delivering solutions in Digital Transformation and Cyber & Electronic Warfare ? If so, the following permanent role may be right for you…
We are looking to recruit an experienced Infrastructure Solution Engineer into our team in Gloucester (currently Hybrid role working largely remotely).
The primary focus of this role is to undertake and coordinate all development tasks related to the design of the Infrastructure in conjunction and as agreed by a Technical Authority. Ensuring the infrastructure of the company or client enables business activity through the design, implementation, validation, monitoring, availability and capability of various components to ensure services are seamlessly available as required to carry out normal business tasks.
You will be responsible for:
- The design and development of the primary elements of the underlying Infrastructure.
- Defining, managing, and reviewing the production of all Infrastructure low-level designs (LLDs) and detailed level designs (DLDs) assuring coherence, technical content, and quality.
- Interacting with all design and development team leads to ensure cross team, cross technology coherence to satisfy agreed requirements and act point of escalation for all members within the Infrastructure Engineering team.
- Liaising with other teams to support the design of non-infrastructure components to enable the system to function and delivered within time, cost and performance constraints.
- Supporting the pro-active maintenance of multiple platforms, ensuring secure and efficient operation, following recognised best practice.
You will have:
- Experience in the design of secure hardware and software solutions, demonstrating successful delivery on complex, large scale programmes utilising emerging technologies where possible.
- 2-3 years' experience working with Windows and Linux Operating systems, with demonstrable administrative and configuration skills.
- A strong working knowledge of VMware vSphere (vCenter, ESXi) preferably to version 6.7 or 7.
- A strong working knowledge of SAN / NAS / VMware vSAN and iSCSI / FCoE storage networking best practice.
- A strong working knowledge of VMware NSX-V preferably to version 6.4.x and good understanding of Cross-vCenter NSX configuration and Micro-segmentation.
- A strong working knowledge of VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) preferably to version 8.x and experience of conducting site recovery tests.
- A Good working knowledge of VMware Horizon (AppVolumes, AppStacks) preferably to version 7 or 8.
You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn