Would you like to join a global aerospace and defence organisation? Do you want to play a key part in protecting the lives and futures of others?
Due to continued investment, this leading-edge manufacturing business is currently in the midst of a huge recruitment drive and is looking for a Commercial Manager to join their growing team on a 12 month contract. They are offering remote working with occasional travel to sites throughout the UK.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to work with a true leader on some of the biggest challenges and most advanced technologies in the industry.
Initial 12 Month Contract
Remote Working with travel to sites across UK
£67.00 Per Hour (Inside IR35)
- Commercial management of high value/complexity construction projects (typically up to £15M).
- Provide contractual and procurement advice to stakeholders tailored to the nature and risk of the scope.
- Prepare project Procurement Strategies with stakeholders and gain cross -function approvals as required.
- Prepare formal Cost Plans (based on RICS NRM).
- Provide cost and risk advice to project stakeholders tailored to the nature of scope.
- Prepare construction contracts based on standard forms of construction contract (JCT and NEC)
- Prepare tender/contract documentation and ensure technical specifications have been approved by the appropriate Delegated Authority before tender/contract release.
- Undertake tender actions and negotiations with suppliers to ensure the optimum value for money and risk profile is achieved.
- Experienced in successful commercial project delivery throughout the whole project lifecycle.
- Experienced in the administration of JCT and/or NEC construction contracts and managing commercial negotiations.
- Ability to think logically and problem solve to meet project delivery requirements with minimal supervision.
- Expert knowledge in construction technology, construction contract law and construction estimating.
- Understanding of statutory requirements, current regulations and approved codes of practice relating to the commercial management of construction.
- Ability to develop cost plans in accordance with RICS NRM principles.
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Commercial Manager, please send your CV to Tom McGuire via the 'apply now' button.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn