We are looking to hire an Infrastructure Designer to lead the design of solutions spanning public and private cloud. The role will involve some on-site working at MoD Corsham with the remainder from a Digital Intelligence office or home. This role requires the applicant to have or go through security clearance.
An Infrastructure Designer must understand the architecture, design, delivery, operation and control of IT infrastructures (typically hardware, operating systems, data storage on various media, and all equipment within wide and local area networks) required to deliver and support IT services and products to meet the needs of a business.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the infrastructure enables business activity through the architecture, design, implementation, monitoring, availability and capability of various components to ensure services are seamlessly available as required to carry out normal business tasks.
- Understanding of and working practice in Agile and DevOps environments.
- Responsibility for agreed operational procedures
- Leading maintenance, installation and problem resolution activities
- Identifying operational problems and leads identifying solutions for their resolution.
- Creation of accurate documentation and design artefacts
- Leading the design, build and implementation of small sized projects, including test and transition to target solution
- Contributing to the design, build and implementation of medium / large sized projects following high level architectural designs, contributing to the test and transition to the target solution
You will have knowledge of:
- Cross Domain Solutions
- Browse Down
- Browse Across
- Data Bridges
- MOD Networks
- Stack Hub
- Zero Trust Networks
- Azure friendly Storage
- iSCSI SANs
- Scale out storage
- Scale up storage
- Azure friendly
- Container/Kubernetes friendly
- You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
How to apply:
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in learning more please send your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn