Exciting opportunity for Sales and Bid Engineer to join a market leading provider of test systems and solutions to the Aerospace/Defence sector based in Bournemouth. With new investors actively supporting this business, this is truly a unique opportunity and time to join a company with such ambitious growth plans.
The successful Sales and Bid Engineer will be responsible for taking ownership of the technical response to bids and opportunities and working with supplier and partners to identify optimum solutions.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating and owning the overall technical response
- Working with specialists for technical parts of the bid
- Writing the full technical response
- Work with colleagues in engineering, project management, sales, purchasing, manufacturing and quality to create an accurate estimate of time and cost to complete
- Creating project management plans.
- Managing the commercial interface with the customers / Account Management
- Working with colleagues, suppliers and partners in the UK and overseas to support responses.
You will have:
- An engineering degree or equivalent work-based experience, ideally with a systems engineering background
- A sound appreciation of electrical, electronic and software systems, preferably in a structured engineering environment such as aerospace, defence, rail or nuclear engineering.
- A positive attitude, outgoing and able to converse confidently with different skill sets (engineering, production, purchasing, sales, management) and personality types
- Excellent written and verbal skills - confident user of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Strong business acumen and able to identify opportunities and solutions
You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including very generous pension and 27 days annual leave (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn