I'm looking for a Systems Engineer (IVV) to join the one of the worlds largest Aerospace & Defence organisations to be part of a £multi-billion programme of work.
This role is based at Barrow-in-Furness and is 5 days per week onsite.
This is a UK Eyes Only role and you must be eligible for Security Clearance (SC).
What you'll be doing:
- Supporting the development of the integration, testing and validation of the various complex systems within the Submarine. These systems include but are not limited to the Whole Boat Control systems, Communication systems, and Vehicle Control systems
- The candidate will be required to produce white papers to support the down selection of toolsets and analysis of emerging technologies through horizon scanning as we continue to evolve from a static testing environment into dynamic model-based testing scenarios. Current areas of investigation include a move towards the use of digital twins and real time simulation including hardware-in-the-loop simulation and embedded controllers
- Support the specification, creation or development and integration of models using toolsets such as the Mathworks suite of products and the linking of these back to the initiating requirements through tools such as DOORs and EA Sparx.
- This role will give the candidate exposure to all phases of the Submarine product lifecycle as we look ahead to future platforms and facilities to support a multi boat approach to testing going forward.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Degree qualified from a STEM subject, ideally Control, Instrumentation or Testing based however others can be considered based on candidates experience
- Practical Experience of software testing including the development of test specifications and test procedures ideally in support of products such as Distributed Control systems, Programmable logic controllers, or Aviation controllers
- Experience of using the Mathworks toolsets particularly in the development of control system models.
- Experience of working in a highly regulated industry such as Nuclear, Aviation, or Pharmaceutical
- The ability to communicate ideas and analysis clearly using a variety of mediums to individuals at varying levels of detail dependant on situation
- Pragmatic yet creative. Able to identify where new and emergent technology would improve existing processes or where existing processes and models can be reused to improve efficiencies.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with 1-2 years experience in systems engineering that holds an Engineering degree.
The salary is £40,000 to £46,000 plus an excellent benefits package.