I'm looking for a Systems Engineer to join one of the most successful Aerospace & Defence organisations in the world.
This role is fully onsite based in Portsmouth.
You MUST be eligible for Security Clearance (SC) to be considered for this role.
What you'll be doing:
- Generating the articles supporting the Systems Engineering lifecycle from design, through to build, integration, test, and acceptance
- A unique opportunity to develop new tools and utilities, whilst also maintaining existing tool sets
- Working on the assurance and certification of new tools
- Deploying and updating the network systems
- Taking responsibility for the configuration management of the deployed toolset
- Maintaining the toolset that has been deployed across the Maritime Integration Support Centre (MISC) integration labs (including administration support, backup, etc.)
- Leading System Acceptance and Test events
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Sound understanding of Systems Engineering Lifecycle
- Basic understanding of IP networks (e.g. OSI Model, switching & routing)
- Basic understanding of IT infrastructure (e.g. Virtualisation Technologies & Linux Operating Systems)
- Good understanding of Configuration Management
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Some understanding of COTS hardware assembly design
- Basic understanding of Windows Server features (e.g. WSUS and Active Directory)
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone that has done this kind of role previously within Aerospace & Defence or a any other highly regulated industry/sector.
The salary is £45,000 to £50,000 plus an excellent benefits package.