We are looking for an Attitude and Orbit Control Systems (AOCS) Engineer to support the growth of our Space business and support our client's ambitions to deliver new Space capabilities for the United Kingdom.
Calling upon a track record for the design and development of AOCS for one or more space missions, this role involves will influence the design, development, specification and procurement of missions consisting of clusters flying in close formation.
This role will be Hybrid working - likely to be half the time working from client offices (London, Guildford or Gloucester) and/or client site (both in the South of England) with the balance working from home.
You will be responsible for:
- Requirements definition, including mission and spacecraft requirements
- Detailed design and verification, coordinating with the rest of the spacecraft system/subsystems
- Definition of AOCS subsystem modules, sensors and actuators
- Contribution to design, prototype, test and manufacturing of hardware
- Technical support to the selection, procurement and acceptance of third party supplied items
- AOCS mode, algorithm and control design
- Authoring of technical documents
You will have:
- 10 or more years' experience of space systems engineering
- Experience of orbital control of spacecraft flying in formation
- AOCS Theoretical background, including
- Orbital mechanics
- Control techniques
- Navigation techniques
- Flight operations
- Flight dynamics
- Technical computing / modelling
You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
How to apply:
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in learning more please send your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn