Are you passionate about working with cutting edge technology and leading the design and engineering on projects delivering solutions that are central to customer's missions? If so then the following Solutions Architect role might be of interest to you…
We are recruiting for Solution Architects to join new agile development teams working for a Central Government customer. The high profile programme of work is focussed on building new digital services in the Health sector. Due to Covid-19, these roles will initially be undertaken from home, but once lockdown is lifted, it is expected that there will be some regular travel to client site in London.
As a Solution Architect you'll be working to deliver the solution design and define the engineering methods of our client's core mission applications, shaping innovative solutions to problems, underpinned by robust delivery and engineering methods to deliver capabilities that are not only essential to their business, but they'll love to use.
Your experience will cover software design, infrastructure, delivery methods and engineering approaches, although you won't be expected to be an expert in them all. Knowing enough to make informed decisions on the best approach to follow is expected, as well as recognising when to use Waterfall vs Agile, PaaS vs IaaS or proof of concepts vs proven approaches.
You will be responsible for:
- Shaping and driving solution thinking for complex bids and delivery engagements (contracts worth £million+, and overall team sizes of more than 50)
- Shaping solution designs following a structured methodology as appropriate to the project
- Defining system requirements for a software solution to support a scalable and resilient application
- Overseeing the implementation of the design in collaboration with other team members such as Application, Data and Security Architects
- Ensuring the design meets key functional and in particular non-functional requirements, enabling through life scenarios of the solution to be satisfied
You will have experience of the application of the above ideally in the following domains:
- Big Data solutions
- Web Scale applications for the Cloud
- Open Source and COTS integration
- Integration patterns and architectures
- Workflow systems
You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn