Software Engineer - 6-month initial contract opportunity!
A great opportunity has come along with one of the UK's leading Aerospace & Defence businesses who are currently looking to recruit a Software Engineer to work at one of their busiest sites. The role is an initial 6-month contract and is paying £49.75 per hour (inside IR35) there is a view of starting the right candidate ASAP.
The Role: Software Engineer
Contract: 6-months initially plus extensions
Rate: £49.75 per hour
IR35 status: Inside IR35.
Location: Samlesbury, open to Hybrid/Remote
The successful candidate will be awarded with this phenomenal opportunity to work with a true leader on some of the biggest challenges and most advanced technologies in the industry.
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Completion of design, implementation and low level test activities to agreed deadlines with accepta-ble quality.
- Investigation of issues including the recommendation and implementation of technical solutions.
- Pro-active reporting of progress, issues, risks and opportunities to Team Leads.
- Regular meetings and communication with other team members / organisations using a range of online / digital resources.
- Java 8 programming experience
- API development experience
- Experience of Structured Query Language (SQL) and programmatic use of databases
- High levels of Self-Motivation and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively within a remote environment
- Knowledge of other OO programming / scripting languages
- REST API development
- Scrum Methodology / Agile development
- Manual and Automated testing
- DOORS requirements management
If you are interested in this contract, please contact Sophie Tully at JAM Recruitment and send your CV over to s.tully(at)jamrecruitment.co.uk
If this isn't the role for you, but you know of someone who could be interested, JAM operates a referral scheme. You can earn yourself £200 in vouchers for the successful placement of a candidate you refer to us, so get in touch.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn