Do you want to work at the forefront of Technology and Software? Are you interested in supporting solutions in Cyber Security, Digital Transformation and special communications within Space? If so, the following permanent role may be right for you…
We are looking for a Software Development Manager to grow our Space business and support our client's ambitions to deliver new Space capabilities for the United Kingdom.
This role will be a Hybrid role primarily working from home with some visits to our offices and client sites as required by the project.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing expert technical support, in particular related to art of the possible, software engineering techniques, tooling and best practices
* Participating in project reviews
* Demonstrating awareness of wider system; identify potential issues and assist in their resolution
* Taking ownership of software processes, development, testing and delivery
* Identifying, define, initiate and manage R&D activities
* Capturing and maintain the backlog of user stories
* Mobilisation of developers on to the team
* Coaching and mentoring of developers
* Development of complex software
* Contribution to delivery function - i.e. progress measurement, risks, issues and impediments
* Review/Assurance of software output
You will have experience of:
- Software Engineering Leadership
- Experience of delivery of complex software projects
- Experience of leadership of one or more agile development teams
Back End Software
- Data platforms
- Cloud/distributed infrastructure
- Front end development
Data Science and Analytics
- Image Processing
- Machine Learning
You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
How to apply:
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in learning more please send your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be DV clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn