Do you want to work at the forefront of technology? Are you interested in supporting software solutions and integrations within Cyber Security and Communications Intelligence? If so, the following permanent role may be right for you…
We are looking for bright, enthusiastic and committed individuals to work as DSP FPGA developers in one of our software defined radio development teams. There are multiple roles available for different level of Technical Engineers.
Whilst relevant industry experience is preferable we are fundamentally looking for bright, enthusiastic and committed individuals with a strong academic background and the ability to learn and progress quickly.
You will be responsible for:
- Taking the technical lead on projects including the direction of more junior staff
- Developing new business opportunities and timely generation of high quality, well planned and innovative bids with an acceptable level of risk
- Developing & maintaining key business relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers and external institutions to support new business and awareness of the state-of-the-art
- Work with bright, enthusiastic and committed people in one of our small client-focussed engineering teams.
The successful candidate:
- Will be highly motivated with a strong academic background in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics from a top tier university (typically 2:1 or 1st), as well as strong A Levels (typically AA in Maths and Physics).
- Will have a solid grounding in engineering with typically >10 years' experience in an engineering or technology based environment
- Experience of FPGA development (eg VHDL)
- Understanding of radio communications (desirable)
- Understanding of digital signal processing (desirable)
- Range of other development skills, including one or more of the following: embedded software (C), C++, Java, JSP (desirable)
- Understanding of digital and/or analogue hardware design with some hands-on laboratory experience of debug/set-to-work (desirable)
You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
How to apply:
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in learning more please send your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn