Join a world-renowned aerospace and defence organisation as a Ship Services Technician in Portsmouth
Would you like to join a global aerospace and defence organisation? Do you want to work as part of an organisation protecting people and maintaining maximum national security?
Due to a drive for greater success, this advanced manufacturing business is currently searching for a Ship Services Technician to add to their talented, hardworking team in Portsmouth on an initial 12 month contract. Striving for innovation and creativity you can ensure no two days will be the same. This role will be offering £24.33 + £10.56 travel per hour inside IR35 / Umbrella
This is a phenomenal opportunity to not only work for a prestigious, advanced organisation, but to gain skills and knowledge you won't find anywhere else.
- To develop and maintain a broad knowledge of electro/mechanical systems associated with RN ships so as to ensure safety of personnel and equipment.
- Carry out as directed, electro/ mechanical low level maintenance and equipment keep alive as required by contract specification.
- To assist with implementing the Health and Safety controls in ship's for which the client has Care and Custody. This is to include but is not limited to:
- Inboard connection/disconnection of dockside services required to support ship needs. Including Main switchboard operation.
- Maintain Movement of Weights and Underwater valves and fittings logs whilst ship is docked.
- Will have a minimum of 3 years experience in an RN (royal navy) or relevant Marine engineering environment.
- High Voltage Competent Person.
- Working knowledge of electrical safety and testing
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
- Achieve a work/life balance
- Work on long term contracts
- Develop your skills at a prestigious company
- Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Ship Services Technician please send your CV to Stella Grundy
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn