Are you passionate about working with cutting-edge technology and self-motivated to find innovative solutions to complex challenges as part of a team who help keep the UK safe? If so, this might be the right role for you…
We are looking for a number of Software Engineers to work on a permanent basis supporting our National Security Customers to build systems that support their core mission capabilities. You'll work as part of empowered, autonomous DevOps teams with regular contact with end-users to flexibly and efficiently understand, design, develop, deploy and maintain applications and services. You'll be encouraged to identify new ways of solving problems and get to work in a range of different teams across our customer organisations. You will work in a small team given as much ownership and responsibility as you have the appetite for but part of a much bigger Engineering community to give you the support you need to grow in your career.
We value Engineers who enjoy playing a role in the full delivery lifecycle and are flexible to learn and pick up new technologies and approaches. You'll be playing a role in identifying the right technologies to use for the job and be supported with training as needed through access to services such as Pluralsight.
You will have experience in many of the following:
- Collaboratively designing and building Proof of Concept or Production systems
- Source controlling your code with Version Control Systems, for example Git, Mercurial, Perforce
- Utilising CI/CD tools, such as Bamboo, Jenkins, TeamCity, Bitbucket, in order to streamline delivery of new features and fixes
- Continual testing of code using Automated Testing Frameworks
- Machine Learning software e.g. Amazon and Azure machine learning, or Google's TensorFlow (desirable)
- Deploying and managing in Cloud Computing such as AWS, MS Azure (desirable)
- Containerisation e.g. Docker, Kubernetes (desirable)
- Relational, document, or graph database systems (desirable)
- Software configuration and deployment e.g. Ansible (desirable)
You'll receive a very competitive salary (£££ offered depends on level of experience) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
How to apply:
Not only will your team be directly making a huge impact upon the systems you work on, you'll be doing it for an organisation who makes a huge impact to the prosperity and security of the UK
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in learning more please send your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
*** Please note these roles require UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn