Do you want to work at the forefront of Computer Vision Research? Are you interested in working on a wide range of Data science research topics for customers across the defence, security and commercial sectors? If so, the following permanent role may be right for you…
We are recruiting for a number of Computer Vision (CV) researchers to join our rapidly expanding data research group. We are looking for candidates who are adaptable, enthusiastic and highly motivated. You will have existing skills in computer vision and will need to be a proficient programmer. In addition to using your expertise in computer vision, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of data science research topics for customers across the defence, security and commercial sectors using state of the art Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) techniques. You will also have the opportunity to forge strong links with academic partners.
You will be responsible for:
- Conducting novel research in given topic areas, often in partnership with leading UK Universities
- Developing prototypes and proof of concept demonstrators
- Taking ownership of tasks in projects and deliver to challenging standards
- Working effectively both on self-directed projects and in larger project teams
- Effectively presenting results to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Preparing and delivering technical reports, technical proposals and supporting material
You will be …
- PhD qualified in a relevant discipline with several year's post-doctoral experience in the application of AI/ML techniques to computer vision problems. Of particular interest are candidates with experience in any of the following domains:
- SAR image analysis (object detection and classification, scene understanding)
- Hyperspectral image analysis
- Analysis of satellite imagery
- Deep Fakes and Image forensics
- Video analytics
- Experienced in software development in any of the following: Python, Matlab
- Experienced with ML and CV frameworks is essential, and deep learning frameworks (TensorFlow/Keras , PyTorch) is desirable
You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
How to apply:
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in learning more please send your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn