Locartion: Scotstoun, Glasgow (Hybrid)
Duration: Initially 12 Month Contract
Rate: £28.60 per hour umbrella
- Working as a member of the procurement and supply chain team to provide procurement expertise, services and support to meet the operational needs of the business.
- The role holder will manage a larger or more complex order book, supplier or contract.
- Manage contracts throughout their life in conjunction with the business
- Raise formal documents to support the sourcing and contracting process, including Request for Information, Request for Quotation, Assessment documents, Purchase Orders.
- Agree and discharge workload, ensuring priorities are managed and any issues of concern are escalated.
- Effectively manage order book, to ensure timely deliveries and accurate cash forecasting.
- Manage supplier payment process and resolve any goods receiving and supplier debt issues.
- Proactively manage instances of supplier under-performance against cost, quality and schedule.
- Work collaboratively to identify and escalate risk.
- Identify and deliver cost savings.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience working within a procurement and/or similar environment
- Possess a high standard of Procurement competence in key areas of sourcing, process knowledge, contracting skills and supplier management.
- Works on own initiative with limited supervision and with responsibility for delivery, escalating concerns.
- Analyse information and implement solutions with support, that best meet the requirements of the business.
- Ability to prioritise workload based on business need
- Good stakeholder management.
- Good understanding of purchase to pay systems, risk and supplier management tools.
Have CIPS qualification or equivalent standard.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn