Are you an experienced Mechanical Engineer keen to support solutions within the manufacturing and oil and gas sectors? If so the following permanent role might be for you….
Our client is a large and growing manufacturer of heat exchangers across oil and gas industries. They're looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to design heat exchangers and provide customer technical support and technical leadership.
The ideal candidate will be able to provide knowledge and experience on complex mechanical engineering issues and create solutions to a wide range of complex technical issues. Ideally you will also be experienced in coaching & mentoring other engineers and are capable of providing guidance and technical leadership to other engineers when necessary.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing mechanical design expertise on complex mechanical engineering assignments throughout the project lifecycle and Provide technical support for new projects, evaluating requirements and implications.
- Meeting appropriate level of engineering standards whilst ensuring compliance with customer specifications and governing code requirements.
- Creating project/job pack documentation for engineering handover to projects. Provide documentation as required to support bid activity. This is a combination of deliverables which can include FEA Analysis
- Performing mechanical component development, selection and integration whilst using CAD concepts.
- Leading integration of new systems and processes into the department
- Using Lean tools in day to day activities
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in mechanical engineering, analysising complex mechanical assembles and specifications
- Has strong knowledge in the principles Mechanical Design (non-software assisted).
- Has a strong understanding of materials (Austenitic, super austenitic, duplex, super duplex, high nickel, Ti).
- A solid understanding of Welding methods and weld design for pressure vessels and structures.
- Has a strong understanding of FEA (thermal / static structural, Optimisation, transient, buckling, etc).
- Proficient in 3D Modelling, ideally CATIA.
- Proficient in 2D Draughting (AutoCAD/draftsight).
- Previous experience working worked in Oil & Gas, Marine, Energy or Aerospace market (desirable)
- You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including 8% matched pension, 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development. Plus of course an early finish on a Friday!!
How to apply:
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in learning more please send your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.