Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Warrington 2-3 days per week in office
£40 to £50 per hour (inside IR35)
6 month contract
Are you a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer who has experience working within the Nuclear or Defence sector? Have you got experience in the full lifecycle of Mechanical projects? If so please read on…
- directly accountable for designs, developments and determines solutions to problems and issues within a specialist subject area.
- must be fully aware of and adhere to Health & Safety standards and be fully familiar with all authorised documentation, Good Practice Guides and ISO standards.
- Assist in effective management of the customer, including liaison and relationship development with existing and new customers, to aid the development of business, resolution of technical and delivery issues, and such that the customer is fully briefed and informed of progress
- Contribute to Project Safety Assessment process
- Produce, review and approve calculations, analyses, drawings, models, design basis documentation and technical reports as assigned
- Maintaining the engineering configuration, ensuring the overall design intent and integrity is maintained throughout design lifecycle
- Evaluate technical issues in order to develop proposals for investigations and/or solutions, including process improvements
- Provide support to the Project Manager for the planning, control and delivery of tasks and projects
- Act as Technical Authority or Engineering Lead when authorised to do so.
- Contribute to learning from experience (LfE). requirement, during and post project
- Engineering degree
· Chartered Engineer status (or actively working toward Chartered Status)
· Experience in working collaboratively in multi-discipline teams to deliver activities on a range of project types
· Demonstrable experience in covering a variety of tasks across a range of complexities.
- Member of relevant institute or significant demonstrable engineering experience and capable of registration with the Engineering Council
· Experience in managing engineering scope for Projects from concept design to full Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
· Breadth and depth of experience in a range of commercial or defence projects
If this sounds like a good fit for you please get in touch with Kate Blackwell at JAM Recruitment as soon as possible.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn