I'm looking for a Senior Human Factors Engineer to join the UK's leading Aerospace & Defence organisation to be based out of their Warton (Preston) site.
What you'll be doing:
- Cutting edge research into new and novel human interaction technologies
- Identifying and bringing new Human Factors tools and techniques into the team, e.g. MBSE
- Designing , developing and evaluating Human Machine Interfaces
- Carrying out assessments in high fidelity facilities, whilst interacting with the end users including pilots, maintainers, trainers or support specialists
- Co-ordinating and organising Human Factors technical activities and available resources (people & facilities)
- Coaching and mentoring less experienced team members
- Degree or equivalent in human factors or related subject (e.g. psychology or user centred design)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence in presenting information to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience in technical task management (e.g. task breakdown, scheduling, resourcing, reporting)
- Experience in the management of small teams working towards a common goal
- Chartered member of a Human Factors professional body, e.g. CIEHF
- Military Air domain knowledge and/or experience, including application of relevant standards such as Def-Stan 00-251
- Experience in conducting experiments and user assessments
- Coaching and developing others for their personal development and / or working towards professional accreditation
- Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering and how it may apply within the field of Human Factors/Ergonomics
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well established team of Human Factors Engineers working on the Future Combat Air System (FCAS).
The salary is £52,000 to £57,000 plus an excellent benefits package and is hybrid-working of 1-2 days per week required onsite.