Do you want to work at the forefront of technology? Are you a Front End Developer interested in supporting solutions and growth within the UK and Government Defence sector? If so, the following permanent role may be right for you…
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Front End Developer to join their team in delivering on projects to facilitate dialogue between internal and external clients and teams.
Work will be office based in Guildford (other BAE AI office locations could be considered for the right candidate although some travel to Guildford will be required). We are happy to support flexible working (eg we would consider 4 days per week or personalised working pattern such as early/late starts etc)
You will be responsible for:
- Working as a senior front end Developer within a team of coders occasionally taking on a lead role, own specific work areas and coach others when needed.
- Reviewing front end coding requirements. Provide feedback on front end coding standards, accessibility and other technical standards
- Liaising with back end coders to design end-to-end technical solutions
- Taking ownership of one or more areas of work including planning, identifying risks and regular reports to the project manager
- Testing, debugging, and building code that works across multiple browsers and digital platforms
You will have :
- A deep passion for refined, simple design and creating products with high supportability and extensibility
- A good knowledge of both waterfall and agile development approaches.
- A good understanding of design and user experience principles
- Relevant degree or Masters, in a related Engineering or Software discipline
- Experience of dealing with cross-browser compatibility requirements
- Understanding of mobile development best practices (e.g. responsive design, graceful degradationetc.)
- Experience with front end web application frameworks such as React, Angular and VueJS
- Data visualisation with Canvas or SVG (eg using D3)
- Utilise and configure web bundler and automation tools for deployment
- Knowledge of DevOps best practice and workflows (e.g. CI pipelines)
- Knowledge of containerisation and developer environment utilities (e.g. Docker)
- You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
How to apply:
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in learning more please send your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn