Are you an experienced Electronics Design Engineer keen to support solutions opportunities within the Aerospace sector industry? If so the following permanent role might be for you….
On behalf of my client, a leading Aerospace and Defence Electronics organisation based in Greater Manchester I am pleased to present the opportunity for a Senior Electronics Design Engineer on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Chief Design Authority for Power Solutions, the Senior Electronics Engineer will be primarily responsible for assisting the design team in providing engineering solutions that exceed standards in the design and development of bespoke electrical power and control systems.
The role will also periodically involve the provision of PCB Layouts (using Altium Designer) in support of the various development projects on-going and assisting the Lead Design Engineers in devising Control Board solutions for their Power Converter designs.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing/assisting with development of allocated power conversion and power management products and technologies.
- Reviewing customer specifications to establish feasibility and possible conceptual solutions.
- Determining optimal power converter topologies and product overall electrical design, including product compliance with electrical requirements, including electrical environmental requirements such as EMI.
- Developing, reviewing and approving the electrical sections of proposals, including time/cost estimation of tasks and hardware.
- Developing and maintaining mathematical models and simulations of electrical power converters.
- Creating, reviewing and approving electrical design schematics and PCB layouts
- Relevant power converter and / or power management design experience.
- Good knowledge of multiple topologies and understanding of selection criteria.
- Requirements Analysis.
- Schematic Capture Experience.
- Production level mil or aerospace PCB design experience (Altium Designer experience preferred).
- Development Testing Experience.
- Programming of FPGAs (desirable )
- Familiarity with safety critical software development (desirable )
- Experience of DO-254, DO-160, Mil-STD-810, Mil-HDBK-217 (desirable )
- You'll receive a very competitive salary (£££ offered depends on level of experience), an early Friday finish and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
*** Please note this roles require UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn