Do you want to work at the forefront of technology? Are you interested in supporting software solutions and integrations within Cyber Security and Communications Intelligence? If so, the following permanent role may be right for you…
The Consultant Data Engineer specialises in helping clients within large scale projects and programmes to help deliver specific solutions. They apply software engineering rigour and best practice and bring detailed technology expertise to bear on client programmes.
The Data Engineers are capable and skilled at engaging with technical and non-technical stakeholders and communicating complex technical information in an accessible and clear way. Consultants should be comfortable presenting to broader communities, engaging with scoping and requirements elicitation activities, identifying client pain points, and supporting business development efforts.
This role can contractually be based in either Essex or Guildford with occasional travel to other sites. There are options for remote working and location flexibility available.
You will be responsible for:
- Partnering with client stakeholders to understand their needs and build meaningful data solutions.
- Designing and building data solutions by writing clean, maintainable, and robust code in accordance with development best practices across the full software development lifecycle.
- Working as a member of an agile development team and contribute to cross-functional problem solving discussions.
- Being a technical SME for our data solutions and be able to communicate complex technical concepts to broad array of stakeholders of varying technical understanding and seniority in a clear and accessible way
You will have:
- Experience with software engineering best practices and good development hygiene.
- Commercial experience with Python, Scala, Java, or similar language.
- Experience with some of: Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes, NiFi, Bash, GraphQL, HBase.
- DevOps experience (Desirable)
You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
How to apply:
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in learning more please send your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn