Would you like to join a global aviation & aerospace organisation? Do you want to play a key part in the design of exciting mechanical systems? Due to continued investment, this leading-edge manufacturing business is currently in the midst of a huge recruitment drive and is looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join their existing team in Cwmbran on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the execution of the work packages identified and ensure the convergence of the delivery plans with customer requirements.
- Defining integrated design solutions for new components/assemblies and modifications to existing components (Composites and metallic).
- Optimising the design solutions, based on the correct balance of cost, quality, manufacturability, serviceability and performance.
- Providing evidence of design compliance with Technical specifications (DFMEA, testing,…). Ensure own quality of deliveries, verify, check and sign off on Program co-workers' engineering drawings.
- Degree level or equivalent, MSc preferred, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in Design of Composite and/or metallic components.
- Excellent knowledge of computerized design and analysis methods (CATIA V5)
- Experience with GD&T (tolerance stack up)
- Good experience of aerospace Composite (honeycomb) /Metallic materials and manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of Smarteam
- Excellent knowledge of Aerospace Cabin Interior Systems (Galleys, Seats,..) (desirable)
- You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development
- You will be provided with meaningful work and education opportunities that will allow you to develop your skills and enhance your career, but equally important you can also enjoy a strong work life balance.
- Early finish on a Friday - a particular favourite within the team!