Project Leader - Barrow in Furness - £44.32 an hour - 12 Month Contract
This is a great opportunity to work within one of the UKs leading Defence companies based in Barrow in Furness.
Reporting to the relevant Senior Project Manager, and responsible for managing all aspects of the day-to-day management of one or more projects. May act as the Control Account Manager responsible for defining, planning, managing and delivering assigned projects to meet customer and business requirements. There may also be people management responsibilities on either a permanent or temporary basis.
* Support bid and tendering processes to ensure bids meet customer needs, in line with business & commercial criteria that all risks are assessed effectively, and that bids are realistic and winnable.
* Ensure that all aspects of the projects are fully defined to ensure customer requirements are achieved in accordance with all business and commercial criteria.
* Develop and maintain coherent, fully integrated and workable project plans and budgets. Develop resource plans and liaise with all stakeholder functions.
* Develop accurate estimates in support of bids, annual budgets or cost to completion, and analyse 'spend to date' data.
* Lead, control and monitor projects so that they are delivered to agreed time, cost and quality requirements, regularly reviewing and reporting on progress against plan and where necessary, intervening to resolve issues which threaten delivery to plan.
* Lead and manage production of various progress reports i.e. contract status, risk, MoD visibility reports etc. using appropriate tools such as EVM.
* Develop, maintain and manage key relationships with sub-contractors, customers and other stakeholders to ensure all deliverables are achieved and that issues are effectively addressed, and to facilitate effective and profitable business development.
* Ensure that activities on assigned projects are co-ordinated with related projects and functional activities so that delays are avoided.
* Build and maintain effective liaison with all functional groups involved in project/programme delivery.
* Lead a multi-disciplined team consisting of engineering, commercial, project management etc, to ensure that both the customers and business requirements are met, whilst ensuring that all management/ commercial aspects are well documented.
* Ensure that projects adhere to all policies and procedures and that they are carried out in such a way as to minimise risk.
* Lead and manage the development, agreement and resolution of project risk, assumptions, dependencies and exclusions.
* Work to and support the Project Risk and Opportunity Management processes.
* To be able to access, have a clear understanding of and apply the Quality and HS&E Management System documentation, eg Process Instructions, Workmanship Standards, Risk Assessments etc, applicable to your particular work scope and to obey all HS&E rules and control measures.
Candidate profile for the role:-
* Foundation Degree/ HNC/ HND/ Certificate in Project Management or equivalent level of qualification
* LCM Assessor
* Specialist Professional Qualification/ APMQ/ Risk Certificate Level 1
For more information please contact Lauren Morley at JAM Recruitment on 0161 905 7916 or click apply.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn