Production Technician (electrical wiring) urgently required for leading Design & Manufacturing business based in Horsham, West Sussex.
The Production Technician will be responsible for building and wiring both prototype and production electronic equipment working from drawings, circuit diagrams, and engineer's sketches.
You will be responsible for:
- Manufacturing wiring looms and assembling connectors. Routing and fitting complex wiring to enclosures and other mechanical structures. Soldering wires and PCB repair and modification work
- Accurate assembly of equipment to Engineering drawings
- Inspecting own and others work, checking for electrical errors and ensuring equipment is wired to drawings before passing equipment to the next stage of the manufacturing process
- Ensuring changes/modifications/improvements during the build process are documented and communicated to the Engineering team via the change request process
- Providing technical support to engineering, production and customers if required.
You will have:
- Relevant experience in an electrical wiring field
- Have experience in a start-up or pilot production environment (desirable)
- City & Guilds in Electronic Servicing Parts1& 2 (or similar) qualification.
- Experience and be capable of laying wiring out to standards IPC620 and soldering to IPC610 and support other staff in achieving the same standards.
- Experience of and/or be familiar with wiring standards required on military equipment (desirable)
- Experience of Mechanical assembly skills
- Experience of terminating and splicing fibre optic assemblies (desirable)
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
In return you will be offered a competitive salary with attractive benefits package and an opportunity to make your mark within a forward-thinking organisation.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn