I'm looking for a Product Safety Engineer to join the one of the worlds largest Aerospace & Defence organisations.
This role can be based out of Warton (Preston) or Brough (Yorkshire) and is hybrid-working of 1 site visit required every 5-6 weeks.
You MUST be eligible for Security Clearance (SC) to be considered for this role.
What you'll be doing:
- Generating, updating, and reviewing equipment, system and aircraft safety assessments to assert that the platform design is acceptability safe
- Generating, updating, and reviewing Aircraft Zonal Hazard Analysis Reports (ZHAs) to assert that the Aircraft design is acceptability safe
- Maintaining and updating the Aircraft hazard logs
- Facilitating and minute taking of Hawk Safety Reviews and Project Safety Committees
- Supporting the Hawk Project in risk assessing and managing emergent in-service safety issues including the identification and promulgation of any risk mitigation activities
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience of the System Safety Lifecycle
- Understanding of design principles & processes relevant to design activities and the Engineering Lifecycle
- Understanding of integration of inputs across a wide variety of Engineering Teams
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously, using initiative in problem-solving, and delivering solutions to schedule adherence in a high-pressure environment
- Minimum of degree level in engineering or aerospace, or demonstrable relevant experience
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone that has done this kind of role within Aerospace & Defence previosly or whilst serving in the Royal Air Force (RAF).
The salary is £45,000 to £50,000 plus an excellent benefits package.