As a Product Development Engineer, you will be responsible for discrete work packages across all phases of the product lifecycle, from concept through development, test, evaluation and qualification to production. This position will be primarily based at BAE Systems Land (UK) in Radway Green, South Cheshire with occasional requirements for travel to suppliers and trials sites.
- Conducting and managing product and process design, development, test and evaluation activities on SAA products
- Conducting and managing trials in a safe and suitable manner, from the trials planning stage to completion of the trial and presentation of the data
- Preparing technical documentation, including reports, procurement specifications and requirement specifications
- Conducting and supporting technical investigations
- Developing and using safe systems of work for engineering tasks
- Working with suppliers, both internal and external, to ensure that technical and quality requirements are achieved for manufactured items to time and schedule
- Developing inspection and quality controls for components and assembled products Contributing to technical, design and project reviews where required
- Contributing to the Risk Management process
- Interfacing with both internal and external customers
- Familiarity with the Life Cycle Management (LCM) process
- Proven capability in development projects in particular system integration
- Experience of High Volume manufacturing
- A working knowledge of Systems Engineering and Engineering design would be an advantage
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn