Would you like to join a global aerospace and defence organisation? Do you want to work as part of an organisation protecting people and maintaining maximum national security?
Due to a drive for greater success, this advanced manufacturing business is currently searching for a Principal Systems Engineer to add to their talented, hardworking team in Broad Oak on an initial 12 Month contract. Striving for innovation and creativity you can ensure no two days will be the same. This role will be offering £54.30 per hour.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to not only work for a prestigious, advanced organisation, but to gain skills and knowledge you won't find anywhere else.
Within the role of Principal Systems Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
* You will have the opportunity to work on one of a variety of our programmes and projects, helping us to design, develop, integrate, manage and support complex systems and combat sub-systems for in service and future submarines. You will work with other technical specialists and may manage a team of other engineers to understand and influence the inputs, flow of decisions and dependencies that will impact system design and product delivery.
* You will be able to understand and report the programme status for engineering activities in your area of responsibility, be able to identify problem areas and implement recovery plans, helping us to support our submarines that play a critical role in our nation's defence.
To succeed within the role of a Principal Systems Engineer, You'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
* Degree level qualification (or equivalent experience) in relevant STEM subject (Engineering/ Physics/ Maths/ Science).
* Knowledge of the system engineering lifecycle and be able to apply good systems engineering practices to your work
* Understanding of relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations
* Use of system analysis and design tools such as Enterprise Architect.
* Experience of working in a customer-facing and/or supplier engagement role.
* Member of appropriate professional institution; Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
* Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
* Achieve a work/life balance
* Work on long term contracts
* Develop your skills at a prestigious company
* Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Principal Systems Engineer, please send your CV to the Resource Centre via the 'apply now' button.
***[PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!]***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn