Principal Systems Architect - Weymouth Based - £65 an hour - 12 Month Contract
This is a great opportunity to work within one of the UKs leading defence organisations based in Weymouth.
The IT Systems Architect principal engineer will have a good understanding of the principles of the science and technology of computing and will be able to reference the relevant maritime legislation, industry & defence standards. They will have an understanding of the customer and user needs of the product system and how this will influence and impact design activities, technical and operational performance.
The IT Systems Architect principal engineer will be able to understand and report the programme status for engineering activities, identify problem areas and implement recovery plans. This will include the management of any consequent change embodiment activities.
The IT Systems Architect principal engineer will have a working knowledge of the IT marketplace, including products and suppliers and will have an understanding of the direction of potential future technologies.
- The IT Systems Architect principal engineer will be responsible for, or provide input to the following typical key deliverables, dependent on the role and the place the project is in the engineering lifecycle:
- Captured and agreed technical requirements in accordance with company and programme processes.
- Compliant technical solutions against contractual requirements and regulations.
- Design documentation generated, captured, configured and controlled in accordance with company processes.
- Design change requirements and documentation generated, captured, configured and controlled in accordance with company processes.
- Engineering LCM adherence for all deliverables, Sub Contract Design Reviews and relevant input to project LCM activities.
- Engineering Lifecycle Management (LCM) adherence for all deliverables, Sub Contract Design Reviews and relevant input to project LCM activities.
- Captured and agreed input to appropriate Verification Cross-Reference Index (VCRI), Integration, Test, Evaluation and Acceptance Plans (ITEAP) and Qualification Plans.
- Specialist advice and contribution to other project documentation, such as Training Needs Analysis (TNA), Technical Publications, and Operating Instructions (list is not exhaustive).
- Professional Registered (CEng or CITP) through a recognised engineering institution such as the BCS or IET. or equivalent
- Knowledge of IT systems in the defence, maritime or closely linked domain and have a comprehensive understanding of how their own systems and activities interact with the overall platform.
- Knowledge of the complete engineering lifecycle with some experience of operating in a number of phases.
- Have a strong awareness of Product Safety and SHE.
- Good communication skills and be able to interact with stakeholders.
For more information please contact Lauren Morley at JAM Recruitment on 0161 905 7916 or click apply.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn