Join a world-renowned aerospace and defence organisation as a Principal Mechanical Engineer Fixed Fire Fighting Systems in Glasgow
Would you like to join a global aerospace and defence organisation? Do you want to work as part of an organisation protecting people and maintaining maximum national security?
Due to a drive for greater success, this advanced manufacturing business is currently searching for a Principal Mechanical Engineer to add to their talented, hardworking team in Glasgow on an initial 6 month contract. Striving for innovation and creativity you can ensure no two days will be the same. This role will be offering £45.97 (inside IR35) osme flexibility around this per hour.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to not only work for a prestigious, advanced organisation, but to gain skills and knowledge you won't find anywhere else.
* Will assist with the development of auxiliary systems, providing design input to the subcontractor and assurance that the architecture and detailed design are fit for purpose, ensuring technical viability and safe operation of all auxiliary systems.
* Will lead a design team and assist in the development of SQEP within the discipline, with particular focus on auxiliary system expertise.
* Participate fully in developing, maintaining and modifying engineering processes and procedures in assigned areas in response to technical developments and operational need.
* Carry out relatively complex technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the resolution of problems and the improvement of engineering capability.
* Degree qualified in a Marine Engineering related discipline.
* Chartered Engineer or working towards it, as a minimum should be Incorporated Engineer and Member of an appropriate Institute.
* Experience and expertise, in Marine Engineering Systems
* Experience in the design, build, integration, support and operation of Naval ships.
* Wide range of Auxiliary system design Knowledge including:
o Fluid system design including flow modelling, flow calculations, use of pipes and valves
o Hydraulics and compressed gas systems.
o Petroleum, Oils and Lubricants (POL).
o Water Systems, including Chilled Water.
o Waste Management Systems
o Bilge, Sullage and Ballast Systems
o Scuppers, drains, vent and air escape systems.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
* Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
* Achieve a work/life balance
* Work on long term contracts
* Develop your skills at a prestigious company
* Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Principal Mechanical Engineer please send your CV to Stella Grundy
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn