Would you like to join a global aerospace and defence organisation? Do you want to play a key part in protecting the lives and futures of others?
Due to continued investment, this leading-edge manufacturing business is currently in the midst of a huge recruitment drive and is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their growing team on a 6-9 month contract. They are offering hybrid working with some days working from home and some on site in Glasgow.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to work with a true leader on some of the biggest challenges and most advanced technologies in the industry.
Principal Manufacturing Engineer
Initial 6-9 Month Contract
Flexible Working - Remote/On Site
£49.25 Per Hour (Inside IR35)
* Responsible for the generation of basic Manufacturing Engineering data for use in Ops, in-line with Project/Programme requirements.
* Contribute to the definition and execution of work affecting ship manufacture.
* Responsible for ensuring that their Manufacturing Engineering output meets all relevant Safety and Quality requirements.
* Responsible for participating in, and contributing to, cross-discipline stakeholder reviews / audits of Manufacturing Engineering outputs.
* Use of relevant toolsets within their area to deliver the Manufacturing Engineering outputs.
* Provide sub-discipline support to local and business wide improvement initiatives (e.g. Visual management, Conditional management, 4M's, SQCDP etc.)
* Utilise efficiently the correct Lean tools and techniques (A3's, 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Root Cause Analysis etc.)
* Responsible for operating to Manufacturing Engineering and other related procedures defined in the Quality Management System.
* Able to work as part of a multi-disciplined team
* Generate creative and innovative ideas
* Knowledge of relevant Engineering & Manufacturing Engineering standards and SHE regulations
* HNC or equivalent, with experience of working in a Manufacturing Engineering role OR Foundation degree with some practical experience
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Manufacturing Engineer, please send your CV to Tom McGuire via the 'apply now' button.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn