Join a world-renowned aerospace and defence organisation as a Principal Engineer Structural in Barrow
Would you like to join a global aerospace and defence organisation? Do you want to work as part of an organisation protecting people and maintaining maximum national security?
Due to a drive for greater success, this advanced manufacturing business is currently searching for a Principal Engineer Structural to add to their talented, hardworking team in Barrow on an initial 12 month contract. Striving for innovation and creativity you can ensure no two days will be the same. This role will be offering £52.13 per hour inside IR35
This is a phenomenal opportunity to not only work for a prestigious, advanced organisation, but to gain skills and knowledge you won't find anywhere else.
Within the role of Principal Engineer Structural you'll be responsible for:
* Analysis of complex steel structures utilising Eurocodes and British Standards to support submarine build
* Knowledge of specific regulations & requirements beyond that used within BAE Systems i.e., LOLER, codes of compliance, weld specifications, geometric tolerance
* Knowledge and experience using, and interpreting computer based analytical techniques including finite element analysis, CAD modelling and engineering schematics (Abaqus, S-Frame)
To succeed within the role of Principal Engineer Structures you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
* Degree qualified in either Structural, Civil or Mechanical Engineering, with a structural bias.
* Circa 5 years experience in a relevant and related environment.
* Expertise in structural steel analysis
* Good understanding of mechanical engineering, structural steelwork, knowledge of lifting handling and LOLER
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
* Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
* Achieve a work/life balance
* Work on long term contracts
* Develop your skills at a prestigious company
* Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! Send your CV to Stella today!
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn