Join a world-renowned aerospace and defence organisation as a Principal Engineer Nuclear Radiation, Physics and Shielding
Would you like to join a global aerospace and defence organisation? Do you want to work as part of an organisation protecting people and maintaining maximum national security?
Due to a drive for greater success, this advanced manufacturing business is currently searching for a Principal Engineer Nuclear Radiation Physics Shielding to add to their talented, hardworking team in Scotstoun, Glasgow on an initial 12 month contract. Striving for innovation and creativity you can ensure no two days will be the same. This role will be offering £98.96 per hour inside IR35 / Umbrella
This is a phenomenal opportunity to not only work for a prestigious, advanced organisation, but to gain skills and knowledge you won't find anywhere else.
Radiation Physics and Shielding ensure that radiation doses to submarine crews are As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP) and within prescribed limits and objectives. The solution required must meet both the ship safety requirements as well as the radiological safety criteria set out by the programme. This is achieved by modelling the nuclear reactor radiation hazard and calculating radiation levels throughout the submarine.
- Pressurised Water Reactor (PWR) Radiation Hazard Definition
- Neutron Radiation Transport Calculation
- Gamma Radiation Transport Calculation
- Submarine Occupancy Modelling
- Optimisation of Dose in the Submarine Environment
- System Design And Integration
- Previous hands on experience in MCBEND
- Previous hands on experience in Nuclear Radiation / Reactor design and safety
- Gamma and neutron secondary shield design and shield optimisation in accordance with ALARP principles
- Secondary shielding safety justifications
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
- Achieve a work/life balance
- Work on long term contracts
- Develop your skills at a prestigious company
- Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply please send your CV to Stella!