Principal Cost Estimator - Barrow in Furness - 12 Month Contract - £50 an hour Umbrella Inside IR35
This is a great opportunity to work within one of the UKs leading Defence organisations based in Barrow in Furness based .
Manage and undertake the compilation of estimates and other detailed costing information as part of the Cost Engineering function in support of estimating, pricing and tendering activities.
- Preparation and agreement (both internal and external) of costed commercial proposals.
- Manage the Cost Engineering inputs for the LCM and Tender Vet processes.
- Manage the application of QMAC within cost engineering.
- Deliver cost engineering support to all functions.
- Adopt clear understandings with suppliers, both technical and commercial to ensure the business arrangements contain minimum risk.
- Analyse out-turn records to enable reconciliation with the contract price.
- Manage the costing of change proposals.
- Manage and advise man-hour budgeting to production departments.
- Manage the development of bills of materials, quantities and norms.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- Consistently produces documentation to the expected levels of accuracy.
- Demonstrates a professional and positive attitude to work.
- Educated to HNC Level or equivalent in a technical/operational skill set or appropriate relevant experience.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Knowledge of the Submarine processes interfacing with the Cost Engineering function
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft packages
If this role Principal Cost Estimator is not of interest to yourself, but you know of someone who could be. JAM operates a referral scheme. You can earn yourself £200 in vouchers for the successful placement of a candidate you give us.
For more information, please contact Lauren Morley on 0161 905 7916 or click apply.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn