Are you passionate about working with cutting-edge technology and self-motivated to find innovative solutions to complex challenges as part of a team who help keep the UK safe? If so, the following permanent role may be right for you…
We are looking to recruit a Platform Engineer in Leeds (with the possibility of some home working) supporting Government and Customers around the world in helping them defend against cyber threats.
The Platform Engineer is a key member of the Software Engineering team and you will be working with our Customers to build systems that support their core mission capabilities. You'll work as part of empowered, autonomous DevOps teams with regular contact with end-users to flexibly and efficiently understand, design, develop, deploy and maintain applications and services
You will have:
- Experience working in a similar DevOps / SRE / Infrastructure role
- An appreciation of Infrastructure as Code, and CI/CD tooling
- Scripting abilities with languages such as Shell, Bash, or Python etc
- A working knowledge of Linux, networking, routing & firewalls etc
- Great communication and problem solving skills, and a desire to learn new technologies
- Working in an Agile environment (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, XP, etc)
- Configuration Management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible etc (desirable)
- Cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure (desirable)
- Docker, and container runtime platforms such as Kubernetes, Openshift or Marathon / Mesos etc (desirable)
You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
How to apply:
Not only will your team be directly making a huge impact upon the systems you work on, you'll be doing it for an organisation who makes a huge impact to the prosperity and security of the UK
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in learning more please send your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn