Networks Engineer - Christchurch Based - 12 Month Contract - £48.01 an hour INSIDE IR35
This is a great opportunity to work within one of the UKs leading Defence organisations based in Christchurch.
As a Networks Engineer you will work closely with our Technical Managers and Integration Engineers to translate customer requirements into compelling designs, bids and solutions that can be delivered on time and on budget. While supporting multiple projects, the role may involve the production of technical artefacts and the implementation of core Physical and Virtualised networking components to operate on secure platforms or secure cloud environments. This may also involve implementing specialised solutions in Secure IP Core, Diverse Bearers such as SATCOM, 4G/5G/LTE, LAN and management services.
Your skills as a Networks Engineer could include some of:
- Track record of Enterprise, Project or System Level Network Design Solutions
- Suitable networking experience or qualifications such as Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification, Cisco Professional or Expert track Cisco qualifications
- Experience in building and configuring networked hardware and software solutions
- Installation and configuration of Layer 2 switched networks, Layer 3 routed networks and crypto
- Functional domain knowledge of routing protocols such as. MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP, and RIP
- Configuration and support of VRF, L2TP, GRE, and VSS technologies.
- Experience of SDN, Virtual Private Networking including IP Security and the provisioning of Public Key Infrastructure Certification Authorities
- Experience of network management protocols such as SNMP, SSH, SysLog, ICMP
- Technical documentation production and breakdown of equipment required
Beneficial understanding of,
- MoD contracts and bids
- Military IT, communications , platforms, gateways, networking systems
- Security architectures, system integration, virtualisation, cloud, accreditation
- Integration of systems into military vehicles and platforms
- Acceptance, trials, demonstrations and delivery processes
For more information please contact Lauren Morley on 0161 905 7916 or click apply.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn