Do you want to work at the forefront of Defence and Technology? Are you interested in supporting solutions in Cyber Security? If so, the following role may be right for you…
We are looking to recruit a Network Designer to join the existing technical team in Corsham to work supporting Government and Customers around the world in helping them defend against cyber threats.
Within the role of Network Designer, you will be supporting the technical team responsible for the design, development documentation, building and validation of the core physical and virtual networking components. The detailed responsibilities of the team include:
- The design, development, building and validation of all networking components
- Production and review of all levels of design artefacts.
- Supporting system testing activities.
- Working with Service Management to resolve issues.
To succeed within the role of Network Designer, you'll have experience in a similar position and the followings:
- Valid Security SC Clearance
- Demonstrable experience of at least 3 years within the industry with detailed knowledge and understanding, of the design, implementation, and troubleshooting of the following:
o Hierarchical IP Subnetting.
o Routing protocols, internal and external, OSPF, and BGP.
o Advanced knowledge of routers, switches and firewalls.
- Configuration of devices and management of keymat
o All aspects of QOS (Traffic Shaping / Policing / Scheduling / Congestion Management and Avoidance).
- At least one of the following professional certifications that have been obtained within the last five years:
o Networking certification - at least CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) or similar.
o Virtualisation certification - VMware VCP-NV (VMware vCenter Certified Professional - Network Virtualisation)
In addition, knowledge of the Atlassian toolset (JIRA and Confluence) to record and document work would be beneficial.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Achieve a work/life balance
- Increase earning potential
- Develop your skills
- Be appreciated and valued
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you!
PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn