We are currently looking for a Mechanical Fitter to join our Production team of our award winning Design and Manufacturing business (Aerospace & Defence) based in the heart of Horsham.
Reporting to the Production Team Leader, you will provide support across all areas of the production process.
You will be responsible for:
- Prototype and production assembly of machines to Engineering drawings and procedures.
- Ensuring all modifications during the build process are documented & Change request forms completed.
- Liaising with production control when kits are incomplete.
- Modifications to existing parts using hand tools and basic machine tools such as drills, lathes and mills.
- Manufacture of simple brackets, mounting plates and simple tooling.
- Checking that all work meets quality and technical standards.
- Effective communications with engineering team to sort out issues during the build.
- Adhere to the company's procedures, policies and goals
- Ensure at all times that health and safety regulations and guidelines are followed
- Ensure that all procedures are followed as specified in the Quality Manual
- Ensure that all documentation related to your work is kept accurate and up to date in accordance with BS EN9001
You will have:
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Experience working within a similar industry (e.g. defence or aerospace)
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
In return you will be offered a competitive salary with attractive benefits package and an opportunity to make your mark within a forward-thinking organisation.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn