Exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work for a market leading manufacturing business in the Horsham area.
Our client is a leader in the design and manufacture of high cost, low volume capital equipment for the defence industries.
The successful candidate will be a Mechanical Design Engineers to assist with the design and development of Electro-Mechanical mechanisms.
You will be responsible for:
- Assist with creating designs in 3D CAD using SolidWorks software
- Producing detail engineering and assembly drawings for manufacturing, performing lab testing for verification and conformance of design outputs to meet the design inputs.
- Assisting with developing engineering reports to support new product designs, failure investigation and any other formal documentation to support customer requirements.
- Liaising with wider engineering teams to integrate electronic, control and drive systems into equipment designs
- Providing support for the production, test and field engineering teams
You will have:
- Experience of working within a small, mixed discipline, project design team to produce quality design solutions in line with cost, time and quality requirements. ·
- A flair for new concept designs and a passion for mechanical engineering
- Proven experience in the design of systems from original concept design, produced from a specification, through to production
- The ability to analyse the loads on, and design solutions for, items such as gear drives bearings and motors
- An understanding of the application of machining, casting, fabrication and moulding techniques
- Experience in the use of SolidWorks CAD system
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
In return you will be offered a competitive salary with attractive benefits package and an opportunity to make your mark within a forward-thinking organisation.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn