Would you like to join a global aerospace and defence organisation? Do you want to work as part of an organisation protecting people and maintaining maximum national security?
Due to a drive for greater success, this advanced manufacturing business is currently searching for a Mechanical Design Engineer to add to their talented, hardworking team in Portsmouth on an initial 12 Month contract. Striving for innovation and creativity you can ensure no two days will be the same. This role will be offering £26.93 per hour.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to not only work for a prestigious, advanced organisation, but to gain skills and knowledge you won't find anywhere else.
Within the role of a Mechanical Design Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
* Provide guidance to small groups of engineers within the team on specific tasks.
* Provide technical guidance on areas of specific expertise within the team.
* Requirement analysis and derivation at sub-system and product level, in addition to defining and capturing qualification statements/cases against requirements.
* Carrying out mechanical engineering design tasks to include feasibility studies, research, design, development and post design services, involving the full Engineering Lifecycle, to meet defined project and business requirements.
* Specifying the materials, tolerances, finishes, composite construction, strengths, and weights of all aspects of mechanical product design.
To succeed within the role of a Mechanical Design Engineer, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
* Mechanical and structural engineering capability to develop product solutions holding a range of combat and automation system payloads.
* Knowledge of relevant engineering standards (including safety and environmental regulations).
* Configuration management.
* Undertaking functional design, providing specialist advice and producing evidence in support of legislative, safety and technical requirements.
* Liaising with internal and external customers as part of a technical team.
* Undertaking peer reviews, presenting information to design review panels.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
* Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
* Achieve a work/life balance
* Work on long term contracts
* Develop your skills at a prestigious company
* Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of a Mechanical Design Engineer, please send your CV to the resource centre via the 'apply now' button.
***[PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!]***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn