Mechanical Design Engineer
Aerospace and defence
9 month initial contract
£45-50 per hour
Are you a Mechanical Design Engineer looking for their next contract in the Aerospace sector? Are you on the hunt for your next fully remote contract? If so please read on...
- Design aerospace parts and assemblies throughout their lifecycle using Siemens NX
- Interpret and verify SIRD, EIRD and IRD documents
- Design 3D parts and assemblies Siemens NX
- Select appropriate standard and COTS parts for the system installation.
- Liaise with different engineering units
- Manage the design data of your system in Teamcenter (PBS, BOM, etc.)
- Communicate with external design suppliers as required
- Participate in the Systems Engineering activities for your system (requirements, interfaces, etc.)
- University degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering (MSc/M.Eng preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the aerospace industry is required
- Experience with piping system installation design is required
- Strong knowledge of Siemens NX is required (NX mechanical routing knowledge is a plus)
- Advanced knowledge of ISO GPS (alternatively ASME GD&T) and overall good drafting skills are required
- Basic knowledge of PDM/PLM systems (Teamcenter or equivalent) is required
- Excellent understanding of general design principles and technical correlations is required
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes is required
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously if required
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment is required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please get in touch with Kate Blackwell at JAM Recruitment as soon as possible!
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn