Are you an experienced Mechanical Assembly Technician? Do you want to work at the forefront of Technology and Software? If so, the following permanent role may be right for you…
My client is a global leader within design chemical manufacturing, providing innovative instruments and software to assist scientists and engineers within their field. Under new and exciting leadership, they are looking for talented and ambitious individuals to help them grow their laboratory services which consist of sample testing, applications projects, on-customer-site installation/commissioning and support for their worldwide sales and marketing effort.
They are looking for someone to join the Mechanical department in their production team for a full time permanent role.
As a Mechanical Assembly Technician the ideal candidate would definitely have a good hand and eye coordination with demonstrated excellent manual dexterity for precision work. This is essential, as this person will need to assemble small parts and also require strength to lift heavy equipment. An ability to track fine details visually and discover defects during the inspection of parts is another important quality that will be an advantage. Ability to read and comprehend schematic engineering drawings and to learn and master new assembly skills along with strong communication skills is also important.
You will be responsible for:
- Building and assembling special scientific equipment that needs high precision and high-quality workmanship
- Maintaining a safe, clean, and healthy environment and ensure the compliance with the company's rules and policies
- Monitoring, maintaining, and repairing the equipment as per the requirements and to support good team work by constantly keeping in touch with production supervisor
- Maintaining and updating the results related to various tests and inspection procedures conducted regarding the product specification.
- Equivalent qualifications of BTEC level 2 diploma in Mechanical Engineering / NVQ level 3 equivalent or higher or QBE
- Ability to read and comprehend schematic engineering drawings
- Ability to understand and follow standard operational procedures
- High mechanical aptitude
- Ability to operate automated equipment, use basic hand tools, and lift up to 25Kg
- Preferred Drilling process understanding.
- Be familiar with UK Health & Safety regulations and Workshop Safety
You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 20 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
How to apply:
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in learning more please send your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.