Would you like to join a global aerospace and defence organisation? Do you want to work as part of an organisation protecting people and maintaining maximum national security?
Due to a drive for greater success, this advanced manufacturing business is currently searching for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to add to their talented, hardworking team in Radway Green on an initial 6 Month contract. Striving for innovation and creativity you can ensure no two days will be the same. This role will be offering £31.18 per hour.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to not only work for a prestigious, advanced organisation, but to gain skills and knowledge you won't find anywhere else.
Within the role of Manufacturing Engineering Manager, you'll be responsible for:
* Drive and support the identification and resolution of process and product issues within Operations, relating to Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery.
* Drive and support, through the CI Strategy & Greenbelt Projects, the implementation of process improvements and Lean Manufacturing methods.
* Drive and support the development and ongoing maintenance of Basis of Safety documentation and implementation of necessary controls.
* Assure manufacturing Process Safety through identification of process risks and implementation of the necessary controls to ensure risks are As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP).
* Co-ordinate the initiation and management of Engineering Change Control within Operations.
* Ensure Manufacturing Engineering employee competence is defined, recorded, and monitored.
* Provide recruitment and training to address any capability gaps as appropriate.
* Provide mentoring and career development to Manufacturing Engineering employees.
To succeed within the role of a Manufacturing Engineering Manager, You'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
* Science or Engineering degree or equivalent - Manufacturing / Electrical / Mechanical
* Recognised qualification in management - ILM Level 3 or higher equivalent
* NEBOSH certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
* 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment of a similarly highly controlled nature (aerospace, automotive, nuclear, pharma, medical devices, etc.)
* 5+ years experience in a leadership role, responsible for output and leadership of direct reports
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
* Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
* Achieve a work/life balance
* Work on long term contracts
* Develop your skills at a prestigious company
* Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Manufacturing Engineering Manager, please send your CV to the Resource Centre via the 'apply now' button.
***[PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!]***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn