Would you like to join a global aerospace and defence organisation? Do you want to play a key part in protecting the lives and futures of others?
Due to continued investment, this leading-edge manufacturing business is currently in the midst of a huge recruitment drive and is looking for a Logistics Operative to join their growing team in Barrow in Furness on a 6 Month contract.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to work with a true leader on some of the biggest challenges and most advanced technologies in the industry.
Within the role of Logistics Operative, you'll be responsible for:
- Operate Fork Lift Truck and manual handling equipment, ensuring required Fork Lift Truck checks and routine basic maintenance are completed.
- Deliver timely receipt of finished goods / raw materials.
- Deliver timely dispatch of finished goods to customers.
- Ensure stock levels are accurate both physically within stores areas and on SAP.
- Effectively manage workload and proactively identify/report/help resolve actual /potential issues affecting the efficient management of material.
To succeed within the role of Logistics Operative, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
- Effective working knowledge of SAP, MS Excel and Outlook.
- Experience working within a logistics-based environment desirable.
- Customer orientated.
- Good communication skills at all organisational levels.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Fork lift truck /Man riser (Desirable but not essential as training will be given).
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
- Achieve a work/life balance
- Work on long term contracts
- Develop your skills at a prestigious company
- Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Logistics Operative, please send your CV to Samantha Bowers via the 'apply now' button.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn