Antenna Engineer urgently required for market leading Defence organisation based near Chelmsford!
The successful candidate will work in a team which undertakes research and development across the EW spectrum from near and far-field ranges for antenna characterisation from a few hundred MHz to millimetre wave frequencies.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing new business opportunities and timely generation of high quality, well planned and innovative bids with an acceptable level of risk
- Providing inputs into technical strategy in line with the wider Labs strategy
- Assisting with the development of new business opportunities and participate in the timely generation of high quality, well planned and innovative bids with an acceptable level of risk
You will have:
- A 2:1 degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Physics; Mathematics; Computer Science; Electronic/Electrical Engineering; or a related discipline)
- Familiarity with general microwave test equipment such as Vector Network Analysers would be an advantage.
- Some knowledge or an interest in technical computing, a programming language, scientific computing packages or CAD manipulation would be of benefit.
- Good communication, presentation and report writing skills are essential
- A higher degree in a relevant area would be advantageous
- Solid grounding in engineering with typically >10 years' experience in an engineering or technology based environment, working on complex, multi-disciplinary projects
You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn