Systems Infrastructure Engineer
Initial 6 Month Contract
Full Time Remote Working
£60.00 - £70.00 Per Hour (Inside IR35)
* Apply subject matter expertise and domain experience to good systems engineering practices, to support the Engineering Manager (EM) and Delegated Technical Authority (dTA) in delivering IT systems and products.
* Provide subject matter expertise and advice to other functional and capability areas to support overall project delivery and performance.
* Have a good understanding of the principles of the science and technology of computing and will be able to reference the relevant maritime legislation, industry & defence standards.
* Have an understanding of the customer and user needs of the product system and how this will influence and impact design activities, technical and operational performance.
* Understand and report the programme status for engineering activities, identify problem areas and implement recovery plans. This will include the management of any consequent change embodiment activities.
* Infrastructure hardware (physical rack mounted equipment).
* Administration functions within a virtualised environment- including virtual resource management, resilience (HA & DRS), clustering and performance monitoring.
* Orchestration tools (automation, scripting).
* File systems and storage management (migration, snapshots, allocation).
* Server operating system administration (Windows and Linux).
* Containerised software applications.
* HCI (human computer interfaces).
* Cabling/patching (Ethernet and Fibre), cable management, clear labelling and patch diagrams.
* Configuration and management of hardware and software based networks.
* Network architectures and topologies.
* Network switching, routing and firewalls.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn