Infrastructure Automation Engineer urgently required for market leading Intelligence body in Guildford supporting solutions within Government bodies and commercials globally.
As an Infrastructure Automation Engineer you will work in the technical team responsible for the design, development, documentation, building and validation of various infrastructure automation components which form part of the NSoIT(D) Platform. These automation components will primary be developed using PowerShell, including some underlying .NET and Bash for Linux variants, specifically their various features, services, and configurations, as well as interactions with external REST/SOAP APIs and services.
You will be responsible for:
- Applying complex problem solving to "reverse engineer" applications, designs and manual build instructions to create zero touch automation packages that are parameterised, dynamic and able to repeatedly and reliably deploy against these designs. Often these applications are legacy, were created without automation in mind or are otherwise resistive to full, zero touch automation.
- Creating production quality code, following industry standard best practices as well as internal policies and procedures, utilising Version Control mechanisms such as GIT and BitBucket to submit development code as well as peer reviewing other team members' code modules.
- Debugging and enhancing existing PowerShell 5.1 and 7.x Modules
- Production and review of all levels of design artefacts.
- Supporting wider NSoIT(D) system testing activities.
- Working with Service Management to resolve issues.
You will have:
- At least 12 months' demonstrable hands on experience within the last 3 years of:
- Creating complex PowerShell automation Modules/Scripts for production systems
- Using configuration management tools e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Using Automation/Orchestration engines e.g Terraform, Jenkins
- Use of scripting languages e.g. PowerShell, Bash
- Building or supporting large infrastructure environments
- Troubleshooting hardware or software component failure
- Working as part of an Agile development team
- Demonstrable experience with advanced PowerShell coding features e.g. Modules, Workflows and Desired State Configuration (DSC).
- Ability to work with REST APIs and various interaction methods for application configuration.
- At least one of the following professional certifications that have been obtained within the last five years:
- Networking certification - CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) or similar
- Virtualisation certification - VMware VCP (VMware vCenter Certified Professional) or similar,
- Linux certification - RHCA or RHCE
- Formal Software Development certification - OCA (Oracle Certified Associate) or similar
- Knowledge of the Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket and Bamboo) to record and document work (desirable)
- You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn