FPGA Developers / DSP Algorithm Developers
My client is a market leader and well known brand operating within the areas of Cyber Security supporting government and businesses around the world.
We are looking for bright, enthusiastic and committed individuals to work as DSP FPGA developers in one of our customer-facing product teams. Relevant industry experience is preferable but most of all we are looking for bright, enthusiastic and committed individuals with a strong academic background and the ability to learn quickly.
We have a range of roles available, from graduate entry through to experienced developers. We are interested in hearing from anyone who can make a strong contribution to our work.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing and developing state-of-the-art FPGA designs for one of our software defined radio (SDR) solutions.
- Designing and testing Digital Signal Processing (DSP) algorithms using MATLAB or similar
- Managing technical tasks/projects and people
- Customer-facing delivery, sometimes to challenging deadlines.
- Customer-facing technical consultancy
You will have:
- A strong academic background typically in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics with a 2:1 or 1st class degree. A Levels typically AA in Maths and Physics. PhD applicants also encouraged.
- Broad interest in wireless technology, embedded systems and awareness of latest industry developments.
- Ability to produce high-quality FPGA designs
- Understanding of FPGA and SoC architectures
- Experience of FPGA development (eg VHDL).
- Understanding of radio communications
- Understanding of digital signal processing
- Development on Linux based systems
- Range of software development experience including MATLAB, C++, Python
You'll receive a very competitive salary (£££ offered depends on level of experience) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
*** Please note these roles require UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn