Do you have a background within Field Service Engineering? Are you interested in supporting systems and solutions within the Defence / Aerospace market? If so, the following permanent role may be of interest for you…
My client, a multinational test specialist providing complex test systems and solutions to the Defence/Aerospace sector, are looking for a Field Service Technician to work on a permanent basis from their head office in Bournemouth.
This role is shared between project work and field service. It requires an individual with a logical & analytical mindset who is customer focused and will enjoy having a diverse range of engineering tasks and field service activities.
You will be responsible for:
- Working on modular test systems, used across a number of industries such as Space, Air, Military and Nuclear.
- Providing a high level of customer service, building relationships and understanding the customers' needs and concerns
- Study and understand currently supported platforms
- Manage on site repairs, maintenance and installation tasks
- Diagnosing faults and identifying solutions
- Working closely with specialist Engineering functions as required
- Assisting the Delivery Unit Managers with their support contracts/projects
You will be:
- Qualified to HNC/HND or higher
- Able to read & interpret technical drawings (GA, wiring schedules & schematics)
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment
- Qualified to IPC standards for wiring (IPC-WHMA-A-620)
The following Skills or interests would be highly desirable:
- Previous field service experience
- An understanding of system diagrams and how to run / read test programs to assist in the diagnostic of system failures
- Interest in other Engineering domains; e.g. control systems/Power/Electro-mechanic/Physics/Radio-comms.
- You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including generous pension scheme, full family private healthcare, life assurance and 27 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn